- Cash accounts for 85% of all consumer transactions worldwide (Retail, Transport, F&B, etc)
Availability and affordability of financial services
Macro-economic and cultural factors
Technology and Infrastructure
- ChangeGroup is positioned to grow with the increasing adoption of electronic payments whilst continuing to support the global dependence on cash.
Cash use spectrum:
Reasons Many International Shoppers Prefer to Pay In Cash
- Identity theft
- Card cloning
- Privacy concerns
- Poor exchange rates on cards
- Budgetary control
- Transaction denial
- Card confiscation in error
- Tipping staff
* Source: MasterCard Advisors “Measuring Progress Towards a Cashless Society”.
Why International Tourism Matters*
* Source: World Tourism Organisation - UNWTO Tourists Highlights 2015.